Friday, March 8, 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Foiled (and a surprise dupe!)

Hey everyone :)

Today I want to talk about a lip gloss that I bought yesterday! It's the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in the colour Foiled. I was super excited to get this lip gloss, since I had heard a lot about it on one of my new fave beauty blogs: Beauty Broadcast.


I bought it at London Drugs, since they have a sale on right now. $3.99 for all Super Lustrous lipsticks and lip glosses. Woot.

Anyway, in the package, it looks like sort of a shimmery, nudish pink colour, maybe with a hint of mauve or brown (that's how I saw it, anyway!), and since I don't have anything like that already, I was excited to see how it looked! So, I rushed home after buying it, and put it on almost immediately, and.....it was alright. LOL.

Maybe it's my skintone, etc., but this lip gloss just isn't doing much for me. It looks nice, and it's not sticky or anything, but it definitely does not have that mauve/pinkish tone I thought it did. It almost just leaves the shimmer on my lips, without adding any colour.

Also, as soon as I put it on, I thought, "hmm...this looks kinda familiar". So I went to the only other lip gloss that I own that could be similar, my NYC City Proof Lip Gloss is the colour Gold With Me, and what do you know? They're basically the same darn colour....doh. For some reason, in my mind, the NYC colour was much more peachy/orange...ugh. Don't you hate when that happens? Thinking something is one colour, then you get home and it's a completely different colour!



Depending on the lighting, the colour may look more pink, sometimes more peach...so maybe it wasn't just my eyes!

Here's the swatches (all the pictures are without flash):

Left: Revlon, Right: NYC

The NYC glosses are about $3.00 at Walmart, so it's a pretty cheap dupe for the Revlon gloss. The one negative, is that the NYC glosses are slightly more sticky.

Let me know what you think of this gloss :) Or if you have any other dupes for the Revlon glosses!

Thanks for reading!

AND, don't forget to enter my giveaway!! It ends on March 18, 2013!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to know I'm not the only one who buys something thinking is one color and shows up as other.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like NYC Liquid Lipshine ones better...not a fan of the city proof ones..


    http://thatmakeuplady.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete