Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Some of my favourite makeup blogs/Youtube channels

Hello anyone!
So for my first-ish post I've decided to tell you what I think are some good blogs/Youtube channels, and maybe you can tell me yours so I can check them out!

Okay, to be honest, I really only check out makeup-related blogs. Is that a crime? It's not my fault! They've recently opened a Sephora in my city...TWO Sephoras, actually! I'm not sure if you've ever been in there, but...wow! It's really overwhelming and colourful and shiny and expensive! THEN, I decided to check out their website..and OMG, they have a sale section! So! after perusing and, yes, purchasing too! I have become slightly obsessed with makeup at the moment, even though I've never really worn any for most of my life. Just a little foundation and that was it. Seriously!

Now, after that ramble (get used to it, people!) I will tell you my top..6 beauty and makeup blogs. In order of amount of inspiration they've given me.


1. xSparkage

This is one of the first youtube channels I discovered when searching for makeup product reviews and tutorials. This girl is so amazing and talented. Her reviews are honest and the tutorials are really inspirational. Not all are "wearable", as they say, but I think that totally depends on your personality (and perhaps your place of work..lol). I HIGHLY recommend you check out her youtube channel (just search "xsparkage" and it comes up).

I really enjoy her themed makeup tutorials, there's Twilight (which I don't watch), but there's also Once upon a Time and the Hunger Games and loads of other ones. It's really just fun to watch, even if you don't want to wear the looks yourself.

2. Pixiwoo

This is a youtube channel run by makeup artist sisters Samantha and Nicola Chapman (although Nic's last name is now Haste after getting married in 2012). They do more wearable looks than Xsparkage. It's super interesting to see the transformations that can be made WITHOUT a ton of makeup. Probably the one thing I usually never do (because I'm lazy), but can make a huge difference to a look, is having a well groomed/well defined eyebrow. Who knew!?

These ladies also have a website with product reviews, and tips, as well as a free online magazine. It's worth checking out!

3. Tanya Burr

I actually discovered Tanya Burr before I discovered Pixiwoo, but Pixiwoo has more videos, so they won my number 2 spot. The styles are similar between Tanya and Pixiwoo, but Tanya uses more affordable products (it seems that way to me, anyway). She's also just a fun, bubbly personality, and includes bloopers at the ends of her videos.

4. DivaMakeupQueen

This channel is great for product reviews, as well as quick tutorials and looks. The reviews of products by Wing (who runs the channel) are some of the best I've seen, since they are usually of products I can afford and would actually buy, and she also does swatches (which I love, since I like colourful things...lol), and she  usually makes comparisons to other high-end brands, being a self proclaimed "Dupe Queen", and I tend to agree with her.

5. Temptalia

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the most visited beauty sites on the internet. The amount of information on this site is insane..like..truly INSANE! There are reviews, tutorials, looks, comparisons. EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about make up or a product. There's a swatch gallery, a foundation colour comparison guide. It's just great. So why is it only number 5 of 6 on my list?? I'm not actually sure.....I guess it's because you sort of have to be looking for something specific if you want to visit the site, whereas the other sites, you can just check out new videos and things. HOWEVER, there are always new things posted on Temptalia, I think i just forget it exists sometimes....which is a problem of mine...

6. Makeup Geek

Okay, so this site I probably visit more than Temptalia, and it should probably be number 5 on the list...but...I've already started typing, so...yeah...
This, again, is a great site for tips, tutorials and reviews. Some of the products are high-end, some aren't. Probably the best thing about this site, is the basic tutorials and information for people beginning in makeup. One of the most useful tutorials I've seen on this site have been for blending and choosing eye shadow colours.


Alrighty, so those are some of my fave blogs..what are yours??! Please comment if you like, don't like, agree, disagree, just want to say "hi"..whatever. It's all good!


2 comments:

  1. Hello ?

    These are all Amazing beauty blogs.
    The hard work looks here.
    Keep it up and share more blog about beauty.
    Thanks.


    Purchase YouTube Views

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! Wow! You are the FIRST person to comment on my blog, EVER!! I really appreciate it!!
    Thanks so much for reading! And I plan on posting a lot more (now that I know someone is actually reading!).
    I'm glad you enjoyed this post, and let me know if there's anything specific you want me to blog about or any products to review! Tell your friends, too! lol.
    Again, thanks SO MUCH for reading and commenting!!

    Aditi

    ReplyDelete